Read our LETTER OF THANKS TO ALL WOMEN AND GIRLS RISING in 2013!
JOIN US FOR THE BIGGEST WOMEN'S MARCH IN EUROPE AGAINST MALE VIOLENCE IN ALL ITS FORMS
SATURDAY 8 MARCH 2014
THE REALITY IN THE UK TODAY:
- One woman in four will experience domestic violence at some point in her life.
- Domestic violence has more repeat victims than any other crime (on average there will have been 35 assaults before a victim calls the police).
- Two women are murdered every week by their partner or ex partner.
- One incident of domestic violence is reported to the police every minute.
- One woman in four will experience sexual assault as an adult.
- Only 5% of rapes reported to the police result in the perpetrator being convicted in court.
- Women are more worried about rape than any other crime.
- 250 cases of forced marriage are reported each year.
- Up to 1,420 women per year are trafficked into the UK for sexual exploitation
- One woman a month is murdered in the name of ‘so called’ honour.
- Nearly 90% of local authorities do not have a rape crisis centre.
- Over 20,000 girls could be at risk of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) in the UK.
To join our mailing list with updates on Million Women Rise events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, please fill out the form below:
SATURDAY 8TH MARCH 2014
POWER TO THE WOMEN!
Million Women Rise is a collective of women who work autonomously as volunteers, without any corporate sponsorship or formal funding. We promote real change that is based on truth, unity and solidarity, peace and love. We rely on the support of donations to keep our voice autonomous.